The Republican scientific and practical center «Cardiology»
RRPC “Cardiology” offers state-of-the-art equipment allowing for specific and high-technology medical services for cardiologic patients using current diagnostic modalities.
The highly-qualified personnel of the center provide consulting assistance for individuals with cardiovascular disoders (35,000 pts. annually) and more than 6,000 individuals are admitted to hospital.
The staff members of the Centre include highly qualified medical care providers (more than 150) and nurses (300). Sixty-seven researchers work in scientific units, including 2 Academicians of NAS of Belarus, 1 Corresponding Member of NAS of Belarus, 10 Professors, 15 PhDs, and 57 Candidates of Sciences.
Comprehensive examinations and treatment for cardiological patients are offered by the center within the shortest possible time diagnosis and treatment:
- all forms of ischemic heart disease;
- arrhythmias (tachi- and bradyarrhythmia, combined with heart defects, CHD and cardiomyopathies);
- acquired and congenital heart defects;
- heart failure;
- aortic impairment;
- brachiocephalic artery impairment;
- renal artery impairment;
- lower extremity vascular impairment;
- other visceral vascular impairments;
- myocarditis and pericarditis;
- cardiac tumor;
- other cardiac conditions.
Over the last years, there have been a number of surgeries newly developed:
- single-stage operation on three vascular regions at once: myocardial revascularization, abdominal aortic prosthesis and femoropopliteal autograft surgery;
- minimally invasive X-ray endovascular correction of congenital heart diseases;
- implantation of left atrial appendage occluders in patients with atrial fibrillation when the use of warfarin is impossible;
- TAVI implantation.